Direct room bookings, either by telephone or through our own website. Card details are taken to confirm booking. Payment is taken on departure.
Cancellations/ amendments of room bookings.
Tuesday – Friday the cancellation period is 48 hours. Saturday the cancellation period is 7 days.
You may cancel or modify your booking outside of the cancellation notice period without charge. To cancel your booking outside of the notice period you must do this in writing in an email.
If you have booked a room through a travel agency or an online travel agency (such as Booking.com) you must cancel or modify your booking through the agency that you used to make the booking. We cannot amend or cancel third party bookings, please follow the instructions on your confirmation.
Tuesday- Friday – payment is taken automatically 48 hours before arrival date.
Saturdays – payment is taken automatically 7 days before arrival date.
Do’s and Don’ts
Please don’t arrive late, we do not operate a late reception, we are a small team and do not have dedicated reception/night staff. Check in time is 3pm-10pm. If you are going to be late due to unforeseen circumstances, please call us.
Guests going to weddings please check in before, if you need an early check in, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate.
If you cancel your booking within the cancellation period/ on the day of arrival or you do not arrive by 11pm without notifying us. You will be charged the full rate of your booking.
The Lake Isle reserve the right to charge for any breakages/damages or theft caused by the guest during their stay.
The Lake Isle accept no liability for theft of, from or damage to any vehicles parked on our premises.
Bookings over a certain value may be subject to additional deposits and cancellation policies.
Dogs - Well behaved Dogs are welcome in our cottages and the courtyard bedroom at a charge of £15 per dog, flat rate. They are not allowed in the restaurant/ bar or anywhere in the main building.
Extra charges will be made if there is any damage caused by the dog/s.
The Lake Isle does not accept liability or pay any compensation for our failure to provide services contracted due to circumstances beyond our control, such as acts of God, (natural) disaster, fire, governmental regulations, adverse weather conditions or any other exceptional and catastrophic event, circumstance, or emergency, making it impossible, illegal or preventing guests from staying at The Lake Isle.
Restaurant booking terms and conditions.
- Online bookings- Card details are taken for Friday and Saturday nights, and Sunday lunch. A fee of £35 per person will be charged automatically if the table is cancelled after 4:30pm or is a no show. If you wish to cancel your restaurant booking, it must be in writing in an email.
- For groups of 10 or more including resident bookings for this number – room and restaurant bookings are regarded as separate bookings- A deposit per head will be taken - Tuesday - Thursday, £15 per head, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday £25 per head. It may be refundable if cancelled 2 weeks or more before, it is non-refundable within 2 weeks of date of booking.
- A 10% service charge is added to the final bill for all parties of 10 people or more.
- We take all dietary requirements seriously. If you have any dietary requirements, allergies or special requests please call us to discuss in advance. If we are only notified at the time, we may be limited to what we can do for you. We cannot guarantee that any dish is 100% free of any allergen.
- We kindly ask that if you have children (under 12) within your party you dine with us as early as possible (6.30pm) and have vacated the restaurant by 8pm.
Weddings and Block Room Bookings
We are unable to hold or block book rooms for weddings or large events that are held elsewhere. However please feel free to speak to us regarding your requirements as we may be able to arrange some rooms for you.